Additional Forms

Wilder-Waite FAQs

If I want to meet with my child’s teacher, what is the process?

Email your child’s teacher to set up an appointment. All staff emails are on the Wilder-Waite website under the staff tab. Teacher appointments must be scheduled.

My child forgot their password for a program they are working on for class, and now he/she is unable to do their homework. How can we get that information?

Only by emailing the homeroom teacher. Students should be noting passwords in their planner or have it written down in their take-home folder.

How early can I bring my child to school if I drive him/her?

The car line doors open at 7:25 a.m. and close at 7:39 a.m. After 7:39 a.m., your child is tardy and must come through front doors. Students may not arrive prior to 7:25 a.m. as there is no supervision.

If my child will be absent or has an appointment, what is the best way to communicate that?

On the Wilder-Waite website, click on Parents in the top banner.  Then select “email an absence”. That will go straight to the office. You will receive a return email for confirmation of receipt. If no contact has been made to the school office, you will receive a phone call to find out why your child is not at school.

Can my child get off at a different bus stop or ride a different bus home?

The district only provides bus service to and from the home stop and on your child’s designated bus.

If I need to change my child’s transportation on a particular day, what should I do?

Email the school office or call 309-243-7728 before 1:30 p.m. on that day. A transportation routine is extremely important. Please help your child and the school staff by keeping the routine consistent.

Can I send birthday invitations with my child to pass out at school?

There is an online directory through your child’s PowerSchool account where families can search for student addresses/phone numbers/emails. If you are unable to find a particular name, that means the family has chosen not to have their information published. Exception: If your child is inviting all boys, all girls or the entire class, they may pass out invitations at school.

Can I send birthday treats for the class to share?

If “birthday treat guidelines” are followed. Guidelines are on the website under the resources tab. Treats will be sent back home if guidelines are not met. Great option: non-food items suggested on that form

Can I join my child for lunch?

It is nice on a special occasion to visit your child at lunch time. Keep in mind that this is their main “social time.” Frequent visits can interfere with this important part of their growth and independence. The first few weeks of school, especially for kindergarten, we ask that you not come during lunch time. It is important for your child to listen to and understand the routine in the lunchroom.

My 3rd, 4th or 5th grade student has been given a student planner. If that is lost, will they receive another one?

Only one planner will be handed out at the beginning of the school year.

New PanelOur family is planning to take a vacation or be gone for an extended period of time. Can we get our child’s homework in advance?

It is the student’s responsibility to obtain and complete all work upon returning to school within the deadline given by the teacher. When the work is returned, the student will receive grades for those assignments. Please note that there is no replacement for missing real-time instruction in the classroom.

Where can I find the dates of PTO meetings, Board Meetings, Vacations and other important upcoming events?

Many places. On the Wilder-Waite website, on the district website, and on the school newsletter that comes to you electronically every Friday

If my child needs medicine at school, what is the process?

There is a “school medication authorization form” that will need to be filled out and signed by the parent/guardian for over-the-counter medicine. If taking prescription medicine, the same form needs to be filled out and signed by the parent/guardian and physician. Medicine needs to be in the original, labeled container.