As a parent/guardian of a student at a school receiving funds under Title I of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, you have the right to request the professional qualifications of the teachers who instruct your child and the paraprofessionals, if any, who assist them. You may request the following information about each of your child’s classroom teachers and their paraprofessional assistants, if any:
· Whether the teacher has met State certification requirements;
· Whether the teacher is under an emergency permit or other provisional status by which State licensing criteria have been waived;
· The teacher’s college major;
· Whether the teacher has any advanced degrees and, if so, the subject of the degrees; and
· Whether any instructional aides or paraprofessionals provide services to your child and, if so, their qualifications.
If you would like to receive any of this information, please contact the District office.
Parent Involvement Policy
Title 1 Compact - DVMS