Dunlap High School Summer Behind the Wheel
• START DATE is Tuesday, May 29th or the latest Monday, June1st
* Depending on how many SNOW DAYS ARE USED (No Driving on Memorial Day)
• END DATE by Tuesday, July 3rd
• There will be Two Groups of 24 students that will drive every other day. (2 cars & 2 instructors)
(Possible Third Group if needed)
• There will be at 4 sessions of BTW each day lasting 1 ½ hours. ( 3 students are in the vehicle )
These sessions are:
Session 1 7am – 8:30am
Session 2 8:30 – 10am
Session 3 10am – 11:30am
Session 4 11:30 – 1:00pm
• On TUESDAY, MAY 1st we will meet in the Aux Gym to choose driving times, during advisory period (You must be there to choose your driving session)
• Students will alternate days ( 1st week: M,W,F, 2nd week: Tues, Thurs) for the month of driving.
• STUDENTS WILL CHOOSE ACCORDING TO BIRTHDAY. (Oldest to Youngest).
• Please have 1st, 2nd, 3rd, options ready in case your first or second choices are filled.
PLEASE NOTIFIY, IN WRITING, THE DAYS THAT YOU WILL BE ABSENT DUE TO:
ON TUESDAY, MAY 1st
BAND OR CHORUS TRIPS
ANY TRIPS THAT YOU MIGHT BE GONE DURING BTW CLASS.
IN ORDER TO COORDINATE YOUR BTW SCHEDULE, IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU NOTIFY MR. KLOKKENGA IN WRITING THE DAYS IN WHICH YOU HAVE PLANNED ABSENCES
If you know you will be gone 4 days or more during BTW, it is advised that you take BTW during
1st quarter of the upcoming school year.
If there are 2 unscheduled absences during the course the student will be removed from summer driving and be placed in the 3rd quarter BTW (Jan – Mar 2019).
If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com